Get The Rightful Compensation You Deserve!
Have you been involved in a car accident where your face has sustained severe injuries? If yes, then you need to seek help from our Birmingham face injury attorney to pursue damages. You need to exercise your rights and obtain the rightful compensation that you deserve.
Petro Accident and Injury Attorney has helped and represented hundreds of individuals who have been severely injured in truck accidents, car accidents, and motorcycle accidents. We have extensive knowledge and years of experience in handling complex legal issues that arise in personal injury claims. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to start your journey with us!
What is Face Injury?
Face injuries refer to any harm inflicted upon the structures comprising the face, including the skin, bones, muscles, and sensory organs. These injuries can result from a variety of accidents, ranging from motor vehicle collisions and workplace incidents to slip-and-fall accidents and intentional acts of violence.
Types of Face Injuries:
- Facial Fractures: Facial fractures occur when one or more bones in the face, such as the jaw, nose, cheekbones, or eye sockets, break due to a forceful impact. These fractures can cause severe pain, swelling, difficulty in breathing, and cosmetic deformities.
- Facial Lacerations: Lacerations are deep cuts or tears in the skin, often caused by sharp objects or traumatic accidents. Facial lacerations can lead to excessive bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, and the risk of infection.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries involve damage to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the face. This can occur due to a sudden impact or forceful blow. Such injuries can cause pain, swelling, bruising, and limited mobility.
- Dental Injuries: Face injuries can also affect the teeth, gums, and surrounding structures. Common dental injuries include broken or knocked-out teeth, jaw fractures, and damage to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), resulting in difficulty in chewing, speaking, and overall oral health problems.
- Eye Injuries: Accidents impacting the face may cause eye injuries, such as corneal abrasions, retinal detachment, or damage to the eye socket. These injuries can lead to vision impairment, loss of sight, or even permanent blindness.
- Burns: Thermal burns, chemical burns, or electrical burns can cause extensive damage to the facial skin and underlying tissues. Burn injuries often require specialized medical care and can result in disfigurement, scarring, and emotional trauma.
- Emotional and Psychological Impact: It is important to recognize that face injuries can have profound psychological effects on victims. The visible nature of these injuries can lead to emotional distress, anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What are the Grounds for Face Injury Claims?
To pursue a face injury claim, it’s important to establish the legal grounds for your case. In Alabama, face injury claims typically fall under the realm of personal injury law. Common grounds for face injury claims include:
- Negligence: If your face injury occurred due to someone’s negligence, such as a careless driver causing a car accident or a property owner failing to maintain safe premises, you may have a valid negligence claim.
- Intentional Acts: If your face injury resulted from intentional acts, such as an assault or battery, you may have grounds for a claim against the responsible party.
- Product Liability: If your face injury occurred due to a defective product, such as malfunctioning safety equipment or a hazardous cosmetic product, you may have a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor.
Face injury claims in Alabama require a comprehensive understanding of the legal aspects involved. By grasping the grounds for filing a claim, establishing liability, and recognizing the significance of legal representation, you can navigate the claims process more effectively.
What are the Types of Damages in Face Injury Cases?
- Economic Damages: Economic damages are tangible losses that can be quantified, including medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, property damage, and future medical expenses related to your face injury.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are intangible losses that are more subjective in nature, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
What Factors Are Considered in Calculating Damages?
- Medical Expenses: The costs associated with medical treatment, including emergency care, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, therapy, and future medical expenses, are taken into account.
- Lost Wages: If your face injury has caused you to miss work or has resulted in a diminished earning capacity, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and future lost earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: The physical pain, discomfort, and emotional distress experienced as a result of your face injury are considered when calculating compensation.
- Disfigurement and Scarring: Significant facial disfigurement or scarring caused by the injury can have a profound impact on your self-esteem and quality of life, warranting additional compensation.
- Impact on Daily Life: The extent to which your face injury affects your ability to engage in everyday activities, relationships, hobbies, and recreational pursuits is taken into consideration.
- Comparative Fault: If you are partially at fault for the accident or incident that led to your face injury, the percentage of fault assigned to you may reduce the overall compensation you receive.
What is The Claim Process for Face Injury Cases?
If you have suffered a facial injury due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions in Birmingham or Huntsville, Alabama, understanding the claims process is crucial for seeking the compensation you deserve.
Initial Consultation with a Face Injury Attorney
- Importance of Legal Representation: Seek a skilled face injury attorney in Birmingham or Huntsville who specializes in personal injury cases, as they possess the experience and resources needed to handle your claim effectively.
- Case Evaluation: During the initial consultation, your attorney will evaluate the details of your face injury case, including the circumstances surrounding the incident, the severity of your injuries, and potential liability.
Investigation and Evidence Collection
- Gathering Evidence: Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation, collecting evidence to support your claim. This may involve obtaining medical records, accident reports, photographs, witness statements, and expert opinions.
- Consultation with the professionals: Your attorney may collaborate with medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, or other experts to strengthen your case and establish the causation between the incident and your face injury.
Negotiation with Insurance Companies
- Demand Letter: Your attorney will prepare a comprehensive demand letter outlining the details of your claim, including the extent of your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. This letter serves as the starting point for negotiations.
- Negotiation Tactics: Your attorney will engage in negotiations with the insurance company, aiming to secure a fair settlement that adequately compensates you for your face injury and associated damages.
- Advocating for Your Rights: Throughout the negotiation process, your attorney will protect your interests, advocating for the maximum compensation possible and ensuring your rights are not compromised.
Filing a Lawsuit if Necessary
- Exhausting Negotiations: If negotiations with the insurance company fail to result in a satisfactory settlement, your attorney may recommend filing a lawsuit to pursue your claim further.
- Litigation Process: Your attorney will guide you through the litigation process, including preparing the necessary legal documents, presenting your case in court, and advocating for your rights before a judge and jury.
- Trial or Settlement: Your attorney will present your case persuasively, aiming for a favorable verdict. However, in some cases, a settlement may be reached during the trial process.
Why Do I Need an Alabaama Face Injury Attorney?
A face injury attorney is necessary because personal injury laws can be complex and confusing. In order to have a successful claim for damages, you need to have substantial knowledge about the applicable laws. When selecting the best face injury attorney in Alabama, consider the following characteristics:
- Efficient Handling of Claims – To ensure that your face injury attorney is efficient in handling claims, you need to take your time evaluating and conducting further research on their background. Choose someone who has proven competence and a reputation in the state where you are filing your claim.
- Extensive Experience – You deserve someone who is extensively knowledgeable and experienced in handling complex face injury claims. Choose someone who has a long-standing career in handling different types of personal injury cases. Moreover, you have to ensure that your face injury attorney has not only numerous years of experience but also relevant experience in the field.
Mark Petro has been practicing personal injury law since 1989, helping over 1000 individuals who have suffered various types of injuries. With his long-standing career, he has gained valuable experience and knowledge in handling different types of cases.
Our legal team is ready to listen to your circumstances and create a strategic plan to reach a favorable outcome. If you need assistance, get an initial consultation with us today!
Call our Alabama Face Injury Attorney Now!
Navigating the legal procedures involved in personal injury claims can be challenging, especially if you are not familiar with the process. While most personal injury claims are settled before going to trial, there are instances where litigation becomes necessary. That’s why, even if it is not required, hiring an experienced face injury attorney is a must.
Petro Accident and Injury Attorneys have extensive experience in handling personal injury claims, and we are not afraid to fight for your rights against big insurance companies. We will ensure that justice is served with diligence, fairness, and excellence.
We also offer Birmingham and Huntsville services to the following legal areas: